Friday, March 17, 2017

Review : Pretty Stolen/Lost Dolls Duet by Ker Dukey and K. Webster


Pretty Stolen Dolls/Pretty Lost Dolls


By: Ker Dukey and K. Webster



 There was no way I could write a review about just one of these, so I am writing about both as a series.
   
   This series…WOW! So many ways to describe it. Creepy, scary, heart breaking, thrilling, I can go on forever. This series kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I have never read so quickly in my life and the entire time while reading on my kindle, I found myself thinking “I can’t wait to purchase paperbacks”.

   It is a thrilling and bone chilling story about a very bad “monster” who loves his dolls. He loves making them, he loves dressing them, he loves selling them, but his favorite thing to do with his dolls is to kidnap them. See, Benny has two different kinds of dolls. He has his porcelain dolls that he makes and sells, and he has his very own special dolls that he keeps locked away for only himself until they get “broken”.



Pretty Stolen Dolls Blurb:

   Benny loves his pretty little dolls. As long as they do exactly as they're told. He keeps them perfect by brushing their hair and gives them pretty dresses to wear. He likes to toy with them late at night. One so timid but the other likes to fight. When his favorite doll runs away... despite the other doll promising to stay, his heart becomes broken, and he can't help but cry. He wants her back home, or his pretty little doll must die. Have you ever had to make a decision that haunts you every single day for the rest of your life…the life you stole back? I have. I ran for my survival, rocks, and twigs cutting into the soles of my feet, my lungs burning and screaming for rest, every muscle tensed and fighting along with me for existence. I left her. I ran, ran, ran—from Benny and his lone, pretty little doll—until I couldn’t remember where to find them again. I’m sorry.

Review:

   This series starts out in poor Jade’s point of view in Pretty Stolen Dolls. She was one of Benny’s favorite dolls. His Dirty Little Doll. She was trapped with Benny and had to bend to his will for a long time with her sister, Macy. Or as HE named her, Pretty Little Doll. Benny loved his Dirty Little Doll the most until one day Jade was able to escape, unfortunately leaving her little sister behind to have to deal with Benny alone.





 Since her escape Jade has been doing anything and everything possible to find Benny, rescue her sister, and put that monster where he belongs. She’s worked hard to become a Detective, so she has every resource available. But Benny is not so easy to find.

   When Benny decides he wants his favorite dolly back, he makes the first moves to get her attention. Which leaves Jade reliving her past all over again. Replaying all the horrors she witnessed, feeling everything that was done to her, and hearing Benny’s sick and twisted lullaby on loop inside her head.


Pretty Lost Dolls Blurb:

   Benny had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick. Just like him, his dolly needed darkness as a fix, fix, fix. So they tormented and hunted and played tricks, tricks, tricks. Together their sins a lethal mix, mix, mix. Until Benny missed his dolly who was lost, lost, lost. He needed to find her and love her at any cost, cost, cost. Not wanting him and his dolly to be alone, lone, lone. He made plans to bring his dirty dolly, home, home, home. Have you ever touched another’s soul with the essence of your own, breathed them in so they become apart of you? I have. Finally starting to live, feel and fall in love, amongst all the chaos surrounding me. Dropping my guard and letting another into my heart. I left my soul open. I left my heart open. I left the door open. And he stole me. Dillon…I’m sorry.


Review:

   When we get to the second book, Pretty Lost Dolls, we see more of Benny’s side. Why he is how he is. We learn about his background and his family. Poor Benny was so young when he witnessed his own horrors and learned how to be the perfect doll maker. We get to see how much he really does love Jade, his Dirty Little Doll. And just how far he will go to have her back in her rightful home. Including some things that are not for the faint of heart.

   This series had me reeling. I was in love with every second. Ker Dukey and K. Webster really knocked it out of the park with this story. If you are into dark thrillers then look no further. This is now one of my new favorite duets. Although I will say, if you have a weak stomach or are sensitive to abuse then this might not be the story for you. It is very high violence and has very strong abusive content.


    Benny must be caught and must be brought to justice and Jade is the only one who can do it.






Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick.
So she phoned for the doctor to be quick, quick, quick.
The doctor came with his bag and his hat
And he knocked at the door with a rat-a-tat-tat.
He looked at the dolly and he shook his head
And he said ‘Miss Polly, put her straight to bed!’
He wrote on a paper for a pill, pill, pill
‘I’ll be back in the morning yes I will, will, will.’”




-Courtney Moctezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment