Thursday, March 9, 2017

Kristen Collins' DOUBLE RELEASE Part Two : A Sandman's Forbidden Love

A Sandman’s Forbidden Lov

By: Kristen Collins








Synopsis:

When Sabal's night of training a rookie Sandman goes terribly wrong, she is saved by a Boogeyman named Sam. He hides her away in the Realm of Nightmares to keep her safe, unknown as to what's drawn to him to save a Sandman in a world where they're meant to be enemies.

Sam's whole world changed in that moment he laid eyes upon Sabal. Her fiery red hair with streaks of gold and wild green eyes with markings of gold and black vines framing her angelic face, he's struggles with feelings he doesn't understand.

Torn by duty and love, will they fight for their forbidden love or will they succumb to the Romeo and Juliet tragedy that awaits them?


Review:


   This book is the second part of Kristen’s double release along with Grimm Love.

   I really liked Grimm Love a lot. But, I absolutely fell in love with A Sandman’s Forbidden Love!

   I freaking loved everything about it! The storyline was awesome, the characters were very developed, the details were perfect, and the flow of the story was effortless. Just…awesome. Again! Look at this gorgeous ebook cover! I can't get over the fact that each book has two different covers!




   I’m kind of a sucker for this story anyway because it combined so many of my favorite things. I love Celtic Mythology, I love fairytales. I live for a good fairytale story and Celtic Mythology is one of my niches. I have always thought that Celtic knots were beautiful and I love the stories they have.

   I am completely and utterly obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. Yes, you heard me, there’s Alice in Wonderland intertwined into this book! Not a play on the story, mind you, but quotes and a few character references. But, that’s enough for me.

   It seriously had one of my all-time favorite quotes in it. “There’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” I mean come on… that was my main quote at my own Wedding!

Ok, ok, so let’s try to push past Alice for a minute and go back to the actual story…




   I loved Sabal! She was very quick and always has her game face on. From her description, she sounds like the prettiest Sandman ever. Plus she has these awesome Celtic markings from the Stars all over her body, which sound so gorgeous. Makes me want to get a Celtic tattoo.

   Sabal finds herself in a pretty scary predicament when she goes on a run to bring sweet dreams to a child and ends up being ambushed by some Boogeymen, who coincidently where there to bring nightmares. After a nice tussle, Sabal awakens in the home of Sam…one of the Boogeymen from the dream run.

   Sam is not your typical Boogeyman. Instead of immediately killing Sabal, he found something irresistible about her and can’t seem to shake her out of his mind. Sam is a smoking hot, tousled hair, blue eyed wonder. Why does he have blue eyes if he’s supposed to be a shadow of darkness?!

   Sam seems to find Sabal to be absolutely otherworldly. He even has his own Alice quote for his new beloved… “Do you suppose she’s a wildflower?”  …Indeed she is. Very much so.




   Through this entire story you get to completely understand each character. Why they are who they are. How they came to be where they are. Why they love each other. So many questions all are answered and with the perfect flow from the author’s hand.

   I’m so glad that I was able to read these two gems before they released. They were a great stand-alone duo to read.

They are both available NOW! So what are you waiting for??

Buy It NOW!!



-Courtney Moctezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment