Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review: Keeper of Crows


Keeper of Crows

By: Casey L. Bond





Synopsis:

Carmen Kennedy is a spoiled brat from Beverly Hills with a chip on her shoulder and a cocaine addiction to match. Using drugs to suppress reality, her life is more than she can stomach most days. All she wants is to disappear, and on one fateful night, her wish is granted.

There is a world that exists just beyond the fabric of our own. When Carmen is dragged there against her will, her hopelessness seems to disappear, replaced by a determination to survive. The Keeper of Crows is charged with guarding Carmen, but is safety a possibility in a world so desolate? Can love blossom when danger lies in wait? Together, they fight like hell, seeming to lose more ground than they gain with each battle against the dark enemy threatening to tear them apart. Can love keep her safe? Can it give her the strength she needs?

When the lines between life and death, reality and dream become blurred, who will save the souls trapped in the spaces between Heaven and Hell? Who will save Carmen's only love, The Keeper of Crows?

Keeper of Crows is a new paranormal romance duology from the author of The Frenzy Series. The book does contain adult material such as profanity, illicit drug use and sexual situations. 






Review:

   As you all know from reading my review of Frenzy, I love Casey’s work. So when I saw that she had a new book coming out soon and Advanced Readers Copies were going out, I immediately jumped at the chance. And luckily enough, I was chosen to receive one! Lucky indeed, because this book was awesome!!!

   Keeper of Crows is a paranormal romance, but the romance wasn’t all in your face like many can be now-a-days. Which I really appreciated and loved. Lord knows we don’t need any MORE Fabios to read about.

   I loved the imagery in this book. I felt like I was right beside Carmen as she walked through the dingy streets and saw all the puddles, of what I hope was only water from the rain, as she walked by. I love how every detail in this book was not for nothing. Some authors write a lot of detail and I’m stuck thinking, “Sooo, how was that important to the story??”. Casey made every word count. So when you read this book, make sure you pay attention to everything.






   With her not wasting time I was able to completely submerge myself into the story and hang on every word as if my life depended on it. I had a hard time doing anything while I read this book. I was so enthralled with the story, the characters, the plot twists, and the beautiful setting!

   Keeper of Crows was mainly set in Purgatory. HOLY MOLY. This wasn’t your usual Purgatory. Yes, it was grey and filled with waiting souls. But, it sounded beautiful! It sounded like its own world. Which I know that Purgatory IS its own world, but I could never really wrap my head around that until reading Keeper of Crows. Casey really put me in there. And it was seriously gorgeous. Carmen might have gotten dealt a shitty hand, but damn I’m jealous of where she ended up.





   Carmen, shoo wee that chick is strong! She’s such a fighter. She fought before Purgatory and then when anyone else would have given up, she STILL put up a fight! This chick is an inspiration. She met the Keeper of Crows and stood up to him when everyone else coward.

   That Keeper is SWOON WORTHY!! Even though I said we don’t need more Fabios, the Keeper can stay. I didn’t consider him to be a Fabio anyway though. By his description, I considered him to be more… not emo… but for lack of a better word, emo. He wasn’t BUILT. He was lean and had that “fresh outta bed” messy hair. He sounded dreamy, for real.






   The Keeper is a powerful guy. He pretty much rules Purgatory and anything in it. Just wait until you find out his name. *wink* *wink*

   This book had sooo man twists and turns, it really had me going! And the cliffhanger at the end… WHAT!?

 I can’t stand how much I loved this book. A total FIVE STAR read for me!











-Courtney Moctezuma


2 comments: