Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Full Review: Too Late


Too Late

By: C. Hoover



I know it's been a while since I finished Too Late, and I know that I promised a review after my massive book hangover... Yes, it has taken me forever and for that, I do apologize. The reason for the long wait is that every time I thought about what to write for this review, I couldn't think of the right words. Still can't. So I'm going to try my best and here goes nothing!

Too Late... that book was so much. It had so much going on, held so much emotion, and also so many endings! Some of you might not know, Colleen wrote it a chapter a day and those chapters were shared the same day to a "small" group of u COHOrts on Facebook. Which I really loved the style of. It was very unique and it very much involved it's readers.


That being said, as much as I loved the book, I also felt it maaaaayyybe had too many endings??? But, that doesn't change the fact that I loved them all. And it's not really her fault. We just all loved her work so much that we didn't want it to end and were literally begging for more every day.



I loved all of the characters in this book!

Sloan... she makes it so easy for someone to instantly adore her. She's smart, witty, kind, and daring. She knows what she has to do to survive the life that unfortunately ended up in her lap and she makes it work. Colleen will have you not just be transported into this book, but transformed into one of the characters! I felt like I WAS Sloan. She was such a strong character. You really feel like you're in her shoes. Trapped. I was swooned, scared, smitten, and  a little bit of a smart ass. And in the end I was all the more better for it.

Carter... captivating, cunning, slick, and definitely a heart throb. He's always taking care of who needs him, even when he thinks it's impossible. Hey! That's his job!





And of course, Asa... Asa, Asa, Asa... For those who haven't read my previous Teaser Review on Asa (which if you haven't... um, why???) you already are aware that I hated him, I loved him, I loved to hate him. He's so sneaky and conniving, scary, horrible, and brilliant! I found myself so many times shaking my head at this book, no, at Colleen, just wondering how the heck any of this stuff popped into her head in the first place to even become Asa's doings. Even just the way Asa thinks! Pure brilliant madness.



This book will definitely have you on your toes. Throwing you through so many loops. You'll see true love, then it'll crash and you'll see true hate. Then once you think there's no hope, you'll see that love start to bud and blossom again. This time into something real. But, real love isn't easily obtained now is it? So many factors get in the way. The major one... how to escape...




Author Bio:

Colleen Hoover lives in Sulphur Springs, TX. She worked various social work and teaching jobs until she began her writing career.

In November 2011, Colleen began writing her first novel, Slammed, with no intentions of getting published. She was inspired by a lyric, "decide what to be and go be it", from and Avett Brothers song, "Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise". Because of this, she incorporated Avett Brothers lyrics throughout the story. After a few months, her novel was reviewed and given 5 stars by major book blogger, Maryse Black. After that, sales rapidly increased, and Slammed and its sequel, Point of Retreat, both made the New York Times Best Seller list. Since then Colleen has written many more amazing books that are moving on to be bigger! Such as movies, plays, and even a T.V. series. She has opened up her own charity book store in Sulphur Springs called The Bookworm Box. She is working with other amazing authors to sell signed books and swag all for charity.

In short... Colleen Hoover is pretty awesome and inspirational. She literally "started from the bottom, now she's up".









Stalk Colleen Here:







-Courtney Moctezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment