Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Review: Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love

By: Harper Phoenix





Synopsis:

Devon Hathaway finally has a chance to have the life she's always longed for. 
A pack.
A family.
An alpha she's crazy about. But she's naive and unsure, entering ino a world she's been shielded from her entire life.
When secrets from her past threaten to tear her world apart, can she overcome them? Can she keep her Alpha?

Jared Stone is an alpha heir. His future has already been decided, but his whole life changes when a new female comes to town. 
From the moment he sees her, he wants her.
The moment he touches her, he needs her.
The moment he tastes her... all bets are off.
Jared will do anything to make her his.
Secrets can be deadly.
But so can he...





Review:

I love romance. I love paranormal. Put them together and what could be better?
Unfortunately, I had such a hard time with this book. I had such high hopes and I was so excited! I guess it just wasn’t exactly my cup of tea.

It started out great. Devon being a young freshman in college in a foreign country. You find out that she’s half wolf and half kitsune (Japanese fox) but always favored her wolf side. She bumps into a VERY manly wolf and they immediately hit it off. They had a good thing going. Then Devon bumps into someone from her kitsune side and things start to get messy.

But then that’s it. Things just START to get messy. Because I feel like this wonderful plot was taken over by too much romance between Devon and her wolf-man, Jared. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a steamy love scene. But I don’t read romance for just the romance. I love the story behind it. I love the problems and the scary parts and the ‘oh crap’ surprises. That’s where I feel that this book fell short. I feel like the majority of the book was focused on the primal needs of these two wolves who fell instantly in love.

It pains me to say that I found myself skipping over a good portion of the book because I was trying to find more than just the primal side.

When it finally got back to the kitsunes mentioned in the beginning of the book, I feel like things got rushed. There was plenty of detail! But unfortunately not the detail I was looking for. The parts I was looking for and wanted more of ended so quickly and left me feeling a bit bereft.

I really wish that I could have enjoyed this book more. I loved the idea; I loved the hard work; I loved the effort. I just feel like it was aaallllmost there, but fell a little short to my liking. But hey, maybe it’s just me. Sometimes I’m a little bit picky so this might just be one of those times.

But, if you love hot and heavy, steamy paranormal romances then check this book out. It's currently available on Amazon for both Kindle and in Paperback.


Purchase on Amazon and  Add on Goodreads




-Courtney Moctezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment