Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Dishonorable review by Ashley Lynn Gill

                Dishonorable



                                              Review by Ashley Lynn Gill


Blurb:



Sofia

I knew little of Raphael Amado’s history with my family, but when he turned up on our doorstep demanding restitution, my grandfather quickly conceded. That restitution? Me.

Six months later, on my eighteenth birthday, Raphael came for me. He stole me from my home, taking me to his Tuscan estate, where from the crumbling chapel to the burnt-down vineyard, to the cellar that haunted him, the past stalked him like a shadow. It waited for him, hid behind corners for him and trapped him at every turn. 

As much as Raphael's cruelty terrified me, his darkness seduced me. But in the end, it was his tenderness that devastated me.

Raphael

Sofia came to me like an offering. Like a virgin to be sacrificed at the altar. But truth was, her grandfather betrayed her. I guess we had that in common. He’d screwed me too.

I knew hate. I'd vowed vengeance. This was never supposed to be about anything else. But in the end, her innocence broke me. The very thing I would destroy, destroyed me





Review:

I was immediately sucked in reading the prologue ! Sofia the bride to be seems disgusted with her new groom Raphael. Sofia was traded off by her grandfather to marry a man she doesn't know because of a debt he can't pay. How can the one person who is suppose to protect her just give her away?

Sofia is young and naive , her and her sister live with their grandfather after their parents were killed in an accident when they were younger. They don't have the traditional relationship with their grandfather, he comes off rather cold but he took them in and provides care for them when there was no one else. 


Raphael has some physiological issues , his father burned down their winery to collect insurance money to pay back Sofia's grandfather but Raphael's mother was home during the fire and lost her life. After serving time in prison for killing his father for what he done he wants to make Sofia's grandfather pay . He know's her grandfathers secrets and he knows he can't simply pay him back so he takes Sofia as his bride because when she turns twenty-one her fortune will be his. 

I loved the sex scenes in this book, pretty hot and creative ! Raphael is a hot alpha male that keeps his word that he will be honest with Sofia and he is in every aspect. This was a five star read for me. From page one you're instantly drawn in to this forbidden romance, I wanted to hate Raphael but I found myself instantly attracted to him. Life had dealt him a pretty rough hand of cards and brought some darkness in him but Sofia was the light he needed. This was my first Natasha Knight book and I can't wait to read more!


Goodreads

Amazon US

Amazon Universal

IBOOKS

B&N

KOBO

No comments:

Post a Comment