Friday, March 17, 2017

Review: Kentucky Blues

Kentucky Blues

 By: J. Haney


This book was so different from what I’m used to reading. I’ve never read a romance that had a love triangle like this. It was intriguing and interesting.

   Kentucky Blues is about a tough-girl musician who falls in love with two guys at the same time and they make it work! J. Haney is a Kentucky author, which makes her a local author for me and some of my gals in this blog! So I was really excited to check out her book for her. Her writing style definitely made me feel right at home with all the Kentucky slang I’m used to. It immediately pulled me.

   I’ll be honest. Since I’ve never read a book with a poly-amorous relationship, it was a little difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea of three people living happily together. But, Haney wrote this book in the point of view of all three characters, so you got to know everyone on a deeper level. I really liked that. It put me not IN the relationship, but like a shadow. I got to feel everything that they felt, and see the heartache first hand, and find the love within all three FOR all three.



Abigail- She’s something.

 She’s a tough chick who all her life has been the outcast. Only having three true friends, a terrible upbringing, and no real place to sleep at night because of it. After school, she works at a car garage as a grease monkey. Her friend Vic delivers her the mangled hunks of metal and she fixes them.

   In her spare time, she plays at a bar in town. She can rock out any song she thinks of and even writes her own.



Vic- The clueless love.

   I love Vic. He is so adorable and ever the protector. He has loved Abigail since they were kids, but never knew how to tell her. So he watches from afar and is Abigail's friend and shoulder when she really needs it. She knows he will always be there when she needs him no matter what. Until he drops off a hunk of metal to her that happens to be owned by the new hunk in school.



Clayton- The new hunk in school.

   Clayton is the hopeless romantic. He fell in love with Abigail as soon as their eyes met. He immediately tries to get her attention, which with Abigail…doesn’t really work out as planned and ends with him getting a right hook to the jaw for grabbing her without permission. …Told you she was a touch chick…

But after all that mess, she ends up giving him the time of day and a few dates.

   At first they become this fighting love triangle. Vic doesn’t like a new guy stepping into his business and messing with the love of his life.

   But, Abigail has become very fond of both and just can’t and won’t choose! Let’s just say, they become very popular at school.




I ended up really liking this book despite what my original thoughts were on this subject. 

   Although, I did feel a little bit of favoritism was shown between Abigail and Clayton. Which made me sad because Vic ended up being my favorite character. He is my type of guy. The rough hard worker who has a huge heart. Not that I don’t like Clayton! He is very tall, tan, and handsome. And very romantic.

I just fell in love with Vic myself. So, Vic, if you find that this love triangle doesn’t work out…call me. *wink* *wink*




Check out J. Haney and Follow her on:





-Courtney McBreairty

No comments:

Post a Comment