Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: Finding Dawn



Finding Dawn

By: J.L. Leslie




Blurb:


Moving to California is the best decision I've ever made. I no longer work for my ex-fiance's father. I'm hundreds of miles away from my ex-fiance. And I met a woman who completely intrigues me. Dawn. No last name. 

Yeah... Moving to California was a great idea.

Only I can't seem to get Dawn out of my head. The way we met. The way she acts. The night we had together. Now she's just gone.

She bailed on me. But I don't give up so easily. I'll find her.

I just wasn't expecting what I'd find... or who...

**Finding Dawn is a bit of a dark romance. Due to mature language, graphic adult content, drug abuse, mention of rape, dark characters, and strong sexual content this book is intended for mature audiences only.**

(Finding Dawn is Drew's story from Let The Waves Come In, but is a stand-alone full length novel. It is not necessary to read Let The Waves Come In prior to reading Finding Dawn.)


Review:


   This book was a quick read. But unlike most quick reads, it had a very developed story! I didn’t find it to be rushed at all. Which is one of the things I fear with shorter books.

   It wasn’t your everyday romance novel. I feel like this book had it all. Love, Lust, Manipulation, Hate, and even…..nah, I can’t give that away.


   Drew is what you’d look for in the “perfect guy”. Although he’s not overly “perfect”. He’s just a normal guy who’s move across the country to get a fresh start and be close to his brother and best friend after his break up with his crazy ex-fiancĂ©. Buuuuuuut, he’s got probably the best personality of any of the book boyfriends I’ve read about in a while. He’s not daring, he’s not dangerous, he’s not cut with the hottest abs ever. He’s a caring, smart, sensitive, and a really great graphic designer!

   When I picture Drew I am constantly brought back to one of my absolute favorite book boyfriends, Dean Holder from Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless series. And that’s saying something, for me at least, because only two book boyfriends have actually stuck with me and they’re both from Colleen Hoover’s books. So now I can happily add Drew to that list!


Drew meets Vella Dawn.


   Vella is a supermodel who has two sides.. a terrible demanding side, and the innocent soft side. Vella’s not had the best childhood thanks to her mother who is also a supermodel, and despite even asking Vella, threw her into the modeling business as a child. Regardless of her upbringing, Vella has done so well for herself. She even has her own company!

   But, that doesn’t mean her mom doesn’t still play a large roll in that. She loves to pick at Vella. She’s “too fat”, her clothing line is “horrendous”, she needs to “do WHATEVER it takes to get things done”, and yes that does include some immoral decisions.




    Drew meets Vella and they instantly click. And not just in a lustful way, although the attraction IS there. They seem to click on a deeper level. They spend time together, go on dates together, and he even models with her a little bit. It’s perfect! Except Vella’s mom and Drew’s ex won’t let this continue.

   Vella’s mom is treacherous. She will stop at nothing to rip Vella and Drew apart. Including blackmail. I found myself so incredibly angry with her during this entire book. To treat your child the way she did is criminal! Poor Vella felt lost and ugly and could never seem to figure out which way was up. But she always had Drew to pull her back to reality.

   Drew’s ex-fiancĂ© is just plain crazy!! She’s wants Drew back at any cost. She’s sneaky and conniving and EVIL! She wants to hurt Drew for leaving her and anyone who’s around him. The thing’s she does to hurt him…just wow. I was literally sitting there with my jaw dropped to my chin. But once again, Drew found help in Vella.
They became completely intertwined and I loved it.

   Then the ending of this book happened! WOW! I really couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know what to feel, or what was happening. It was so amazing. I won’t say more because I don’t want to spoil anything, but jeez. It’s definitely a shocker.

   This book was more than I thought it would be, and I’m so glad I read it. I love my new permanent book boyfriend.

Congratulations J.L. Leslie! You’ve been added to a very exclusive list for me and wrote a really awesome book!

Finding Dawn is now available on Amazon Kindle:

Kindle: Finding Dawn

Finding Dawn is a spin off of Let The Waves Come In. A story about Drew's brother falling in love with Drew's best friend, Aubrey. After reading this one, I highly recommend checking this one out.




Blurb (Let The Waves Come In):

I'm Aubrey Somers. I've landed my dream job. I have a great apartment and I still keep in touch with my best friend... even though he lives hundreds of miles away. I've even started dating again. I have a lot going for me. 

It doesn't matter that I have to take a anti-depressant everyday or see a therapist every other week. It doesn't matter that I refuse to drive anywhere. The wreck that ruined everything I had is almost a distant memory. Almost.

But now I have two men in my life. Two men who want to be with me. Two men I never thought I'd have the chance to be with. And I feel like I'm drowning...

"His hungry mouth consumes everything from me. All of my emotions. When he pulls away, I don't know what to feel. What to want. Who to want." -- Let The Waves Come In

**This book contains explicit language and sexual scenes. It is meant for adult readers only.**


For more amazing stories you can:


Follow J.L. Leslie on...









-Courtney Moctezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment