Sunday, August 27, 2017

Spotlight Sunday: J. R. Rogue


Spotlight Sunday:
J. R. Rogue


Alright guys, it's time to focus on a new genre. Who doesn't like a deep romantic poem every once in a while?

Well, we've got the perfect author spotlight for you....



Q: What is your name?
            A: J.R. Rogue

Q: What is the genre that you write?
            A: Poetry, Romance, Women’s Fiction

Q: Where do you live? (You don’t have to be specific)
            A: USA, the Midwest

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
            A: True life experiences, dreams

Q: What is the first book that made you cry?
            A: Where the Red Fern Grows

Q: What is your writing process like?
            A: I am all over the place with writing. Sometimes I make the for it. I go to the coffee shop and sit down to write. Sometimes I scribble in a notebook on my breaks at work. Sometimes I get up early and write. I never know how the words will come out, why they will, or where I will be.

Q: Does writing energize or exhaust you?
            A: Energizes me. I feel alive when the words come to me.

Q: What are common traps for aspiring writers?
            A: Comparing your writing journey to others.

Q: What advice do you have for writers?
            A: Write honestly, above all else. Your words will live forever. Make sure you’re being true.

Q: Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?
            A: Original. I write what my gut tells me to. I write my truth, and hope others will connect to it.

Q: How do you select the names of your characters?
            A: I choose names that have stuck with me most of my life. And sometimes I let my readers in my Facebook group suggest names.

Q: What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?
            A: Earlier this year I text my best friend, Kat Savage, and asked her if she wanted to go to Tarryn Fisher’s writer’s retreat this fall. She agreed and we bought the tickets that night. The retreat isn’t until next month but I know I will learn invaluable skills and it will be a once in a lifetime trip.


Q: How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
            A: I have published 2 novels and 7 poetry collections. I have a few unfinished novels at the moment.

Q: What does literary success look like to you?
            A: Being able to write for a living. To spend every day devoted to the characters in my head.

Q: What’s the best way to market your books?
            A: I love to share excerpts of book on my Instagram page.

Q: How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?
            A: The positive responses I received after publishing La Douleur Exquise encouraged me to be even more honest in my next poetry collection.

Q: Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
            A: Yes and bad reviews don’t bother me much. I never take it personally and move on very quickly. Readers are allowed to feel however they want about my work.

Q: Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?
            A: Yes, absolutely. I often wonder who know what is truth and what is fiction.

Q: What was your hardest scene to write?
            A: There were many are scenes to write in Burning Muses, my first novel. Sera, the main character, is me. Many of my truths were revealed in that novel.

Q: What is your favorite childhood book?
            A: The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike.


One of J.R.'s newest creations:


Synopsis:

For the first time, five of J.R. Rogue's poetry chapbooks, including Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist La Douleur Exquise, can be purchased in one volume. Coming in at over 300 pages, this collection contains poetry written between 2014 and 2016. 

Included works: 
La Douleur Exquise 
An Open Suitcase & New Blue Tears 
Rouge 
Le Chant Des Sirènes 
Apus




Now give me your links so we can get people to your book sites!!!

Website: www.jrrogue.com
twitter: https://twitter.com/jenR501
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jrrogueauthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14542574
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rogueauthor/
AmazonUS: https://www.amazon.com/J.-R.-Rogue/e/B016NIGYSO/
AmazonUK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/J.-R.-Rogue/e/B016NIGYSO/
AmazonAU: 
AmazonCA:

B&N: http://bit.ly/2xmy8Lq

No comments:

Post a Comment